Friday, April 18, 2008

HR Academy

I have been chosen by the big bosses to undergo the HR Academy of our office. This is a 2 curriculum good for 17 months. Parang scholar ka ng office but the catch is may bond if you will leave within a year after you have completed the curriculum. And of course, you have to meet the other requirements like grades, performance rating etc.. I am lucky because i will be in the first batch. First roll-out ito dito sa Philippines. This is also in preparation for a higher level in the organization. I just discussed this with hubby and we have to consider so many things here. Baka kse mag suffer ang family and output ko sa work. Talk about time management! I will include this in my prayer. I have to ask guidance from Him coz if I will accept this ang daming affected. But also I'm torn because I don't want to pass this opportunity din.

Sis Juls, I need your thoughts kse nag-aaral ka din... di ba mahirap? :)

1 comment:

juliet said...

hi sis! congratulations!! that's so big news for you! i understand your predicament. yan din ang worries ko before kaya i've been postponing taking the CISA exam but since I've decided to stay in the firm and continue with my career, i think i really have to take this. mahirap. you have to sacrifice a lot. and based sa post mo, correct me if mali ang understanding ko, you'll still work, kelan ka pasok? sa gabi or will there be days na sa school ka? if sa gabi, mas doble hirap. kasi bukod sa classes, kelangan mo pa rin mag-aral after that and talagang affected either your family life or ang sleeping time mo. ako, in the past months, pag nag-aaral ako, earliest i go to sleep is 1am, pag weekends, sometimes, umaabot ako ng 4am na gising. but like you, i discussed this with francis. i need him to understand that i have to study. na uuwi ako ng late, na may times sa weekends na aalis ako to study. mahirap talaga so depende talaga kung anong gusto mo. hindi naman compromise of priorities pero kumbaga minsan you have to do things if you want to stay competitive in the job. like my case nga, SD na ko but i only have one certification so I really have no choice here. ayokong mapag-iwanan. sa ngayon, yun weekends, di ko pa nagagawa na iwan sila to study. i've just decided na, magpapakapuyat na lang ako sa gabi to study instead of take away the weekend for family bonding time. i have a mom officemate na nagawa yun, as in everyday, umiinom sya ng energy drink kasi sa gabi to madaling-araw lang sya nag-aaral.

about formal school, RAF offered me to take MBA, not this year though. but i know if i decided to pursue this, hindi ko kukunin yung sabay ang work at aral, i know mamamatay ako dun. i'll choose the one na dire-diretso akong mag-aaral.

i think it's better if we discuss this. dami kasing factors, haba na to. gusto mo lunch tayo next week? monday?